- Alabama, Eutaw - Black Belt Folk Roots Festival - Unique celebration which brings together craft persons, musicians, dancers, storytellers, food specialist, artists and community workers--all of whom are considered bearers of the traditions and folkways of the West Alabama region. Held the fourth Sat. in Aug.
- California, Long Beach - Long Beach Jazz Festival - Southern California Jazz Festival staged on a gorgeous grassy knoll in a beautiful Lagoon setting.
- California, Oakland - Art & Soul Festival - Live rock, blues, jazz, gospel and more on five concert stages. 14th and Broadway in Downtown Oakland. (3 day event)
- California, San Francisco - San Francisco Street Food Festival - La Cocina’s San Francisco Street Food Festival brings all of the best food (and music) in the Bay Area to one street, once a year, to celebrate the talent, the taste and the entrepreneurial spirit of people who make a living doing what they love to do.
- California, San Jose - San Jose Jazz Festival - Over 1000 jazz artists and 100,000 jazz music lovers converging on San Jose for a weekend of musical diversity, tradition, and innovation.
- DC, Washington - DC Blues Festival - Guitar / Vocal / Harmonica Workshops ~ Musical Instrument Petting Zoo ~ Family-Friendly Fun.
(always Labor Day Saturday)
- Delaware, Wilmington - The Riverfront Blues Festival - The Riverfront Blues Festival is a 3 day, outdoor music festival held on the riverfront in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Georgia, Atlanta - Pan African Film Festival - The Pan African Film Festival (PAFF) is a non-profit corporation that states its goal to promote "cultural understanding among peoples of African descent" through exhibiting art and film. It hosts a film festival and an arts festival in Atlanta in August of each year. It will be a star-studded night in Atlanta. The largest black film festival in the United States.
- Georgia, Atlanta - Peachtree Village International Film Festival - Since 2006, the Peachtree Village International Film Festival has successfully served as a platform for up and coming filmmakers, producers, and entertainers, by directly connecting them to some of the world’s most influential filmmakers, producers, and distribution companies.
- Georgia, Atlanta - The International Soul Music Summit - The largest music conference in the world dedicated to the independent soul gerne. Major Networking Opportunities with mainstream, emerging and independent soul artist, retailers, tastemakers, consumers and executives.
- Idaho, Boise - Boise Soul Food Festival - Popularized in the 1960s, the term soul food refers to a distinctive, traditional southern style of cooking. Make plans to attend the Boise Soul Food Extravaganza.
- Illinois, Chicago - African Festival of the Arts - The AFA is a series of festivals within a festival built around African culture: art, music, dance, history and current interests and pursuits.
- Illinois, Chicago - The Black Women's Expo - Over 2 days in August, McCormick Place, the largest convention center in North America, becomes a mecca for Black women seeking to empower, to educate, to improve and celebrate their lives and the lives of their families.
- Indiana, Michigan City - Smooth Jazz At South Shore - Smooth Jazz At South Shore is one of the premier music festivals in the Midwest.
- Indiana, South Bend - South Bend Reggae/World Music Festival - Live music events to raise money for The Pangani Foundation, Inc.
- Louisiana, New Orleans - Annual Satchmo Summerfest - Satchmo SummerFest – the premier American Jazz Festival dedicated to the life, music and legacy of New Orleans’ native son, Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong.
- Massachusetts, Boston - Boston Carnival Village - BostonCarnivalVillage.com is your connection to Boston's Trinidad-style carnival. Experience the excitement of donning a costume and dancing to intoxicating Soca and Steel-Band music on the streets of Boston; and savor culinary treasures prepared by some of the Caribbean’s finest.
- Massachusetts, Springfield - Stone SOUL Festival - The entertainment includes gospel, jazz, R&B, and dance. Sunday “Praise In The Park” begins at 10:00 am.
- Michigan, Detroit - Detroit Jazz Festival - The International Freedom Festival, Jazz Fest was intended to bring people into the city and to provide all segments of the population with world-class entertainment.
- Minnesota, Duluth - Bayfront Blues Festival - One of the largest annual outdoor music events in the upper Midwest held at Duluth’s Bayfront Festival Park.
- Minnesota, Minneapolis - Afrifest Annual Pan African Summer Festival - An Annual Pan African Summer Festival in the Twin Cities, MN. Festival Motto: "Enlightenment, Diversity, and Unity."
- Mississippi, Belzoni, Indianola, Greenville, Shelby & Greenwood - Mississippi Jazz and Heritage Festival - Celebrating Mississippi's great jazz legacy, takes place in the Mississippi Delta on Labor Day weekend.
- Nevada, Las Vegas - Steve Harvey's Ford Hoodie Awards - A grand annual celebration with thrills, laughs, unpredictable moments, live entertainment, and more. Honoring the nation's best neighborhood leaders, educators, churches,
and local businesses for their service.
- New Jersey, Atlantic City - The Atlantic City Comedy Festival - The Atlantic City Comedy Festival, promises to be better than ever! For two days, fans will experience tickle your funny bone fanfare, gut busting jokes and hilarious, side-splitting humor from some of the world’s most noted, critically acclaimed mainstream comedians.
- North Carolina, Raleigh and Wake County - The African American Cultural Festival - The Festival takes place on the Saturday and Sunday of Labor Day weekend along Fayetteville Street in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina.
- North Carolina, Winston-Salem - National Black Theatre Festival - The National Black Theatre Festival is held biennially in the City of the Arts, Winston-Salem, NC. The festival has attracted more than 500,000 tourist to the city since it was established. Black Theatre is for everyone!
- Ohio, Cincinnati - Cincy Blues Fest - Celebrating two decades of success, Cincy Blues Fest continues to draw fans and families to Cincinnati’s riverfront for music, food, fun, and the best names in the blues. Cincy Blues Fest is an all-volunteer run event produced by the Cincy Blues Society.
- Pennsylvania, Bethlehem - Musikfest - Musikfest is a music festival that has been held each August in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA since 1984. The festival begins on the first Friday in August and ends on Sunday ten days later.
- Pennsylvania, Philadelphia - BlackStar Film Festival - The BlackStar Film Festival is the only event of its kind in Philadelphia—a celebration of cinema focused on work by and about people of African descent in a global context.
- Tennessee, Johnson City - Umoja Festival - With an annual attendance of more than 30,000 people, the Umoja Festival brings in people from East Tennessee and across the region to celebrate African American culture, diversity and the acceptance and education of other cultures.
- Tennessee, Memphis - Annual Tri-State Blues Festival - Held at Landers Center (formerly DeSoto Civic Center).
- Texas, Dallas - Dallas Black Expo - The Dallas Black Expo Team mission is for the expo is to cultivate prosperity among African American communities and businesses through education, empowerment, entrepreneurship and economic growth.
- West Virginia, Charleston - Multifest - Multifest is a free, educational family oriented event highlighting cultural diversity.
- West Virginia, Sandstone - Simply Jazz and Blues Festival - The festival itself will take place at the scenic “Drift” located on the majestic New River. Other music venues in the area will be hosting live jazz and blues and of course there are plenty of outdoor activities and attractions in the area to help you plan a great vacation full of music and fun.