CHOOSE A STATE
Charles Young (United States Army) was the third African-American graduate of West Point, the first black U.S. national park superintendent, first black military attaché, first black to achieve the rank of colonel, and highest-ranking black officer in the United States Army.
Hamite Award Winner
" Don’t be reckless with other people’s hearts and don’t put up with people who are reckless with yours."
Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
Michelle D. Smith
When should you pull the plug on a relationship that has expired? As soon as you stop lying to yourself about “possibilities.” When I tell you “I love you” and your response is “I love you but…” that relationship just ended. It may take a while for that both parties to...
Michelle D. Smith is a visionary and spiritual warrior seeking to share awareness with many. She has a spiritual blog and a monthly relationship column on Black Refer.com. She is a 2015 alumnae of Listen To Your Mother Baltimore. Her work has been published in the anthology Mom For The Holidays. Under her company, Angels Here To Help, she published her first channeled work, My Life As A Mermaid as well as an angel calendar for 2017. Relationships are the fabric of life. Using different niches allow her to reach a variety of people to amuse, entertain and inspire.
| NEW SEASON OF “WELCOME TO SWEETIE PIE’S”|
RETURNS SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 25 ON OWN: OPRAH WINFREY NETWORK
LOS ANGELES – OWN’s long-running, NAACP Image Award-winning docu-series “Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s” featuring soul food entrepreneur Miss Robbie Montgomery her son Tim Norman for its fifth season. The series follows the fun-loving, musical Montgomery family through their highs and lows as they work to expand their soul food empire.
| Teaching Social Media to New Generations|
by William Jackson, Social Media Visionary of
My Quest To Teach @wmjackson
The recent deaths, suicides and content that is growing
more and more adult and dangerous affects the thinking
and actions of children and young people that are watching
online content in video and multimedia. Each generation
is faced with the challenges of online content that is not
child, youth and teen friendly. |
|5 Most Unique Sites |
- “Flip This Hood” Airs November 19th
(Black PR Wire) Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX – WGN America will Air a Home Restoration Show like no other; starting Sunday, November 19, 2017 audiences will welcome into their Homes “Flip This Hood”; a show directed by Arthur Muhammad, an award-winning screenwriter, filmmaker, and producer.
- "Get Christie Love"
Starring Courtney Kemp. Inspired by the revolutionary TV movie and subsequent series that aired on ABC in the '70’s, GET CHRISTIE LOVE is an action-packed, music-driven drama that centers on Christie Love, an African American female CIA agent who leads an elite ops unit.
- The 2017 Black Owned Wine & Spirits Festival is pleased to announce the date for the 2nd annual event; September 30, 2017 in Washington, DC!
Founder of the Black Owned Wine & Spirits Festival and FOU-DRÉ Vodka owner; Chanel Turner was the first African American and the youngest individual to own and operate
her own Vodka brand.
|Who Am I? |
(click for answer)
- Born November 3, 1949
- Grew up in Easton, Pennsylvania
- Won his first 48 professional boxing matches
|Did You Know? |
Frederick Douglass did not play!!! He is still an inspiration for all today. Listen to this mind blowing speech Frederick Douglass made back in 1852. He couldn't believe America invited him to speak on July 4th Independence Day while his people were still in slavery, very very powerful!
|Soul Food Adventures|
Black People Try Soul Food For The First Time - (commenter) What have they been eating all of their lives?
|Black Travel Adventures|
5 Things To Expect When Travelling While Black -
|NOVEMBER 2017 FESTIVALS & EVENTS|
California, Los Angeles - Frank Robinson Celebrity Golf Invitational - Baseball & Sports Legends Ready to Hit the Links in Los Angeles in Support of the MLB Urban Youth Academy.
- Florida, Fort Lauderdale - Annual Capital Jazz SuperCruise - The Jazz Cruise With Soul!
- Florida, Gainesville - Downtown Festival & Art Show - A juried fine arts festival featuring 250 artists, three stages of entertainment & a children's free hands on art activity area.
- Florida, Miami - Afrikin Fest - Afrikin Fest, an African inspired food and music festival will be held from November 18-20, 2016. The weekend-long event will feature the ingenuity, economic and social opportunity of the world’s fastest growing region – Africa. In addition to a first-rate culinary experience and top tier musical acts, the festival will celebrate the accomplishments of influencers and innovators from the African diaspora.
- Florida, Miami - Annual Florida Entertainment Summit - Florida Entertainment Summit, fashion, film, politics and music.
- Georgia, Atlanta - BronzeLens Film Festival - Founded in 2009, The BronzeLens Film Festival of Atlanta, Georgia is a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing national and worldwide attention to Atlanta as a center for film and film production for people of color.
- Georgia, Atlanta - Rhythm & Soul Awards
- Awards will be given to the most celebrated independent and well known singers, bands and DJs along with homages to a legend, a pioneer and a best new artist.
- Louisiana, New Orleans - Bayou Bacchanal - Bayou Bacchanal is the Caribbean festival of New Orleans hosted by Friends of Culture.
- Louisiana, New Orleans - Bayou Blues Fest - Annual event held at UNO Lakefront Arena, New Orleans, LA.
- Louisiana, Shreveport - Highland Jazz & Blues Festival - This annual festival is a gift to the community from the Highland Area Partnership doing business as the Highland Jazz & Blues Festival. There will be 5-1/2 hours of non-stop jazz and blues on two stages.
- Mississippi, Jackson - Annual Tommy Johnson Blues Festival - Held at the The Planetarium.
- Missouri, Kansas City - Kansas City Expo - Community service organization devoted to diverse and inclusive community growth, economic empowerment. Held at Bartle Hall Convention Center.
- Virginia, Hampton - Hampton
Blues Festival - Hampton Coliseum is pleased to announce the return of the Annual Hampton
Blues Festival. Come celebrate the heritage of Blues at Hampton Coliseum.